What is a stethoscope?
The stethoscope is an acoustic medical device for human body auscultations. It has a small disc-shaped resonator that is placed against the chest, and two tubes connected to earpieces. It is often used to listen to lung and heart sounds. It is also used to listen to intestines and blood flow in arteries and veins.
Currently, many companies offer electronic stethoscopes. Electronic stethoscopes need a conversion of acoustic sound waves to electrical signals which can then be amplified and processed for optimal listening. Unlike acoustic stethoscopes, which are all based on the same physics, transducers in electronic stethoscopes vary.
Stethoscopes are often considered as a symbol of healthcare professionals, as various healthcare providers are often seen or depicted with stethoscopes hanging around their necks.
What is Luba App?
Luba App gives the possibility to their users to have an electronic stethoscope in their pocket using only the earpods. With this important medical Tool, the users not only can listen to their heartbeat but also saves it and shares it whenever and wherever they want.
How does Luba App work?
The functionality of this application is very simple. Here are the steps the student or doctor should do:
- Connect earpods to the iPhone.
- Ask the patient to remove the clothing from the upper body.
- Stand on the right side of the patient. This will prevent any extraneous noise generated by friction, and the user will have a better position for listening.
- Put the microphone in the palm of your hand, this will decrease the external noise even more.
- Put your hand on the microphone on the chest of the patient to hear their Heartbeat.
- Luba app has a two Modes
Note 1: guided mode shows you the different areas of cardiac auscultation. These are Mitral-Pulmonary-Tricuspid-Aortic Area.
Note 2: It also has a Free Mode with which you can auscultate.
- If you can not hear properly, the Luba application gives you an equalizer. The equalizer allows you to improve listening by setting the high, mid and low frequencies and the gain too.
- You can save and listen to your heartbeat wherever and whenever you want.
- You can share sounds with your favorite apps using only your mobile devices.
You can see the prmotional video here: